Pages

15.2.13

Valentines Day 4-4-2

Seeing as its not really a surprise anymore as my boyfriend and pals have started digging their way through my little creations (I'm not complaining as their sole purpose was to be eaten), if your a baker you would have got my 442 reference and know exactly what I was just about to natter. Sadly for any of you guys reading this.. its not about football formations.

For the good old consumer backed v-day, although I had thought of purchasing my boyfriend a giant millies cookie I decided to bake instead, minus the fact that buying a keep calm branded cake tin and silicone cases for the first time inspired me to do so, lets pretend its down to the fact that I NEVER have time to bake and this week I had a perfect opening to do so!





I decided to use the classic 442 method - for every 2 eggs that are used 4oz of all other ingredients are needed (ignore the total lack of eggs in the photograph..) I then split the amount in half to make one batch vanilla for victoria sponge and one batch cocoa for chocolate sponge.



Although nearly half of my first batch of victoria sponges were ruined due to not reading the case pack and LINE THE CASES before embarking on baking voyages, they still came out pretty well all with taste satisfaction guaranteed, on top of the fact the amount was perfect down to the last scoop!


I added a few chocolate chips to the other batch (all which came out of the cases like a dream) and then butter iced and decorated 5 on the top for presentation. I usually don't like crunchy decoration but the sugar glitter cried 'valentines' so much it had to be used.





After my little bake off I then headed off to visit my boyfriend who cooked me a 3 course meal from scratch and gave me roses and belgium chocolates direct from brussels, how fancy! (and if you want to see those pictures head over to my instagram) So on top of opening my new blog and getting my usual day stuff organised, I had a lovely day!


What did you do on valentines day?



Baking Equipment:
Pink "Keep Calm and eat cake" tin - TKMaxx
12 mini cupcake silicone cases - Marks and Spencers

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(Images taken by myself and are completely un-edited)

16 comments:

  1. Is this a cooking blog?? How about some more Nigella tips! Keep up the enthralling work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      No this isn't a cooking blog, its just fashion & lifestyle.. I just love to bake when I can :)
      Enjoy looking around!
      Michelle x

      Delete
  2. how cute! they look really good:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cake tin + heart shaped cupcakes! Sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg so yummy and cute >.< your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course I will have a look!! I look at all my followers and commenters blogs!

      Delete
  5. Soooo in love with your cake tin!
    Would love you to check out my latest post :)
    Have a fab Thursday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was such a good find at TKMaxx!
      I'll definitely go check it out!
      xx

      Delete
  6. OMG, this is amazing, Michelle! Where did you get that tin from?

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign