Pages

18.5.13

Walkies!

Last weekend was a chilled out affair travelling down to a pretty place near Milton Keynes with my boyfriend to visit his parents, in which I packed to dress practically and appropriately for the countryside occasion ahead (not).

Starting the weekend with one of the only real tasks of the day a spot of 'walkies', in which I wore a thin monochrome striped t-shirt, skater skirt and leggings completing the look with my new pink and white scarf which I mentioned in my last post, not the most discreet of outfits for the surroundings.. and although I didn't get a picture of the outfit I did cover the issue well with my red Barbour coat and a pair of wellies.


From one problematic outfit to the next, Sunday saw another dishing out of walkies and the return of my baroque print skater dress in bright blue complete with chrerubs (what was I thinking?) but was again swiftly recovered with my faithful red Barbour before walking off into the greenery.


Although overall there was a major outfit crisis through the weekend, in the afternoon we took a visit to a familiar and more inner city-esk surrounding where I let it all hang out (outfit-wise).



We had afternoon cream tea at a local tea room followed by an impromptu visit to an antique shop hosted in a huge cellar where I was in heaven!



The cellar was complete with beautiful vintage bags (a particular achilles heel of mine), vintage clothing, kitchenware (note the super cute raspberry glassware), vintage rings, jewellery, retro typography and packaging you would only see in a designers dreams, and cute pictures I particularly liked made up of handmade pressed flowers.






















Once country frolicking was over it was back to London for the working week ahead.

Upon reflection of the weekend I do wonder.. Whether my retro interests are somehow keeping me in the past,.. or whether its fine to have deep burning desires to entirely fill your house with stuff from this cellar alone?.. You tell me...


What I wore:

Beadnell wax red coat: Barbour
White and pink pearl, lace and skull print scarf: Topshop
Bright blue Baroque print dress: Romwe
Studded cigarette slippers: Topshop


Michelle


 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(Images taken by myself and via my instagram)

3 comments:

  1. your dog is so cute! and what a lovely shop :)
    could you please check out my blog? ive just uploaded pictures of a Lana Del Rey concert!
    thinking-like-a-doll.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:)FOLLOW YOU NOW! Please check mines If you want we can follow also with facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign