Pages

15.6.13

MID twenties?

As the title of my post gives away it was my birthday recently which now makes me 24 and in my mid-twenties? It seems every female I ask about this seem to take my side that its not mid-twenties until you're 25... But every guy I ask about this seem to think I'm now a super grown up, long dress attired, mid twenties girl? Either way.. I feel like my life is flying by!

So to celebrate any good birthday in style every loving boyfriend takes their girlfriend out for a meal right? And what a meal it was! I was whisked away to Heston Blumentals new restaurant 'Dinner' for lunch (that sounds odd).. I won't bring my restaurant critic out here so I will just say it was unforgettable and although there were a couple of hiccups I had such a good time and felt so spoilt so I thank my lovely boyfriend for that :)


After lunch and a walk round harrods I met up with some of my best pals at Ping Pong Soho for one of my favourite meals, dim sum! I'd never been to this location before and it was kitted out really well downstairs so I definitely recommend going to this branch.

We had sake bombs (apparently an LA trend according to my pal) before dim sum, present opening of which I was again throughly spoilt with a variety of cute blogger enthused bits and pieces and cake cutting which was a giant Jaffa cake cake which I'd mentioned on Facebook a while ago so thank you to who remembered!



The weekend then lead on to a knees up back with the usual close pals which probably went a little too well.. I decided to go super smart casual and wear my new leopard head print t-shirt with a midi black midi skirt, trademark hat and new birthday gift Aztec earrings and Gogo Philip Malibu 92 ring with a set of classic killer black wedge boots.





And to wind down the weekend lightly my parents organised my family to come round and visit me filled along with great weather, a spot of croquet and individual birthday deserts spelling out 'Happy Birthday Michelle' especially crafted by my mum. (The cupcake and card here were from some other close fashionistas ;)



I wore a black and white toothpaste striped maxi dress, my new Aztec earrings, YSL arty ring in lapis lazuli and my turquoise pork pie hat.




I had a fashionably fit birthday blast so thank you to everyone for my gifts and for everyone that came!


Michelle


What I wore:
Leopard Aztec t-shirt - H&M
Aztec Earrings* - Unknown
Midi skirt - Newlook
Black boater hat - Vintage
Palm tree ring - Gogo Philip Malibu 1992
Striped maxi dress - Tu at Sainsburys
Arty lapis ring - YSL
Turquoise pork pie hat - Topshop

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images are taken by myself and are either completely unedited or via my Instagram and PicFrame)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign