Pages

11.7.13

DIY fix your broken makeup tutorial

Just a quick mid-week tutorial mentioned to me by a friend of mine via Pintrest when the dreaded 'girl finds makeup smashed into a million pieces' scenario happened to me not so long ago so I thought I would share it here as it was really useful.

Although the original tutorial was American and I found myself scouring the Boots shelves in a desperate need to find the liquid pouring alcohol I simply couldn't (of which I later bought some in the US when I visited), so I used our gel version which worked just as well.

You will need:
Broken Makeup powder/eyeshadow/blusher
Sandwich bag
Scissors
Dinner Knife
Makeup Brush handle
Rubbing Alcohol - Here I used Carex sensitive


To start off I took the broken powder and crumbled it up further with the end of my makeup brush which I then carefully put into a sandwich bag to further crush as fine as I possibly could. To get as much as the makeup back as possible and get as little as possible on the floor of my bathroom, I then took a pair of scissors and cut a hole in the corner of the bottom of the bag so that the makeup could be poured back into the holder easily.


I then took my hand gel and added this slowly to powder in stages whilst mixing with my (sanitised) finger until all the makeup created a paste. I then took the holder and gently dropped this from a small height on the counter to knock any air bubbles out (which will cause the makeup to break again) and then ran a dinner/flat knife over the top to smooth out, and then left to dry!


And its as simple as that!
Stayed tuned for my long awaited holiday update!

Michelle


 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images taken by myself and edited via Instagram and PicFrame)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign