Pages

12.12.13

My first fashion and beauty haul! including Longchamp, Jeffrey Campbell and Les Meteorites by Guerlain Paris

I've never done a haul before but I've bought a few quite big purchases to add to my wardrobe and my makeup collection recently so I figure it would be good to give readers a first hand genuine review on a few popular products and obviously to have some fun with a new blog feature!




I've been an avid Longchamp lover for over 3 years now with my first all black Le Pilage with a snake print leather horse on the front purchased just over 2 years ago. Only since this new purchase I had used my old Pilage everyday and pretty much every evening out and for its well used history you would think it would be battered, but it still looks like it hasn't had a finger laid upon it apart from a few minute holes in 2 corners on the base (the fact it's black must play a big role in this its condition). As my first Pilage went down a treat I decided it was about time I bought a new one so I decided to go with one of the silver bags from the metal LM collection which I love as it goes with everything, adds a little sparkle to my outfits and its a little bit more original than the usual Pilage bags you see dotted all over London.


The winter can't start without a new pair of boots right? Since owning my much adored black patent leather heeled DM's, as soon as I saw this black boot with white heel trend crop up I knew it would take off swiftly so I nabbed this pair from Newlook just before all the popular sizes sold out. Although they are not as good quality as my DM's they still go with a good chuck of my wardrobe, are super original and a steal at £30!




If your an avid Jeffrey Campbell-er you'll be looking at that price tag with a steeply angled eyebrow. I managed to bag these beauties at this price via secretsales.com a website I always recommend to people to use. Once I bought the shoes I was a little nervous as to whether they'd fit as although I am a true size 7 and had a pair of Campbell litas already you can never quite know the transition in size from heel to flats. Once I got them through the post I do agree with some bloggers that they aren't as snug as some of my other shoes in the same size but they are made really well and are quite a deep shoe so feel very secure. The bow at the front of the shoe feels pretty sturdy as do the metal sequin studs (which you get a bag of a few extras included in the box) with all having survived the usual London tube trample so far. The only thing I will say about ordering through secret sales is that when I received my shoe everything was intact.. Apart from the sponge insert inside the shoes had been ripped out which was quite disappointing. I've never had a problem with secret sales before so this was quite a shock and as it was a sale I was caught in the possibility trap of not being able to get another pair if I sent them back so I settled with using some special glue to secure it back again.


Yes, it is ridiculous that my purse is nearly the same price as my handbag but when your faced with royal blue patent leather, crystal and rose gold hardware and metallic pink textile interior it's quite to turn your back on it. As you can tell, my recent decisions with clothing and accessories had been one to look into more longterm investments in items rather than just chase one fad to the next (ignore the boots when reading that comment) especially as my last pursed within 6 months was destroyed. This purse like all ted baker accessories are super chic with an original twist whilst also being long lasting so hopefully this accessories will be around in my handbag for alot longer!


From generation to generation I know for a fact that this product sticks around, ever since I was aware my mum used this product I was obsessed with the pearly seaside box of which she eventually passed down to me to have which I have loved and used with pleasure ever since, so when this beloved box eventually ran out I frantically prowled every department store to buy my very first one. Unlike most powders as its solid in small sections and doesn't disintegrate in 30 seconds like most 'solid powders' means the coverage builds gradually enabling for a consistent level of control when applying, and because of this you can use this as either a setting powder or a highlighter. On top of its versatility the product itself is silky with just the perfect amount of sparkle, and last for years.. Yes I mean it YEARS. My last box that was gifted to me which was half used already and was then used by me every day lasted around a year so although you invest a lot of money in this product to begin with like I said, it sticks around.




To go alongside my meterorites I decided to treat myself to a new brush and the kabuki seemed the perfect one to me. With its wide set soft brush (which coincidently was the perfect diameter to match my powder pot) the kabuki brush provides perfect coverage with a feel of luxury. Like most models own products this end finish of quality and luxury doesn't just stop at their nail polishes. 

7)  Aviva marl purple stretch sports bra - £9.99 and Kyodan grey Aztec detail sports leggings - £14.99





I've never bought sportswear from TKMaxx before but considering my gym visits have increased as of late I thought it was time to invest in some more sportswear (and with this new gear maybe look a touch more fashionable). These items were a steal considering their quality, the Aviva bra is durable, feels comfortable but is still secure, and works on a moisture wicking system, plus it looks great with grey gym wear.. Which where my new leggings come in. The Kyodan leggings are not like normal leggings from the looks of things they're seem stitched and cut in a different way to normal leggings to create ease of movement, they're ruched at the bottom so you can tuck them over your heel (I'm guessing this could be useful for yoga?) and they come in this quirky grey pattern which funnily enough goes very well with purple!

So there you have it, that's the end of my first haul! I hope this gave you a good insight into products you may have been interested in or given you some christmas wish list ideas! 
Check back soon for more beauty reviews!

Michelle


 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images taken by myself and edited via Instagram and PicFrame)


2 comments:

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign