2014 - Lets make it the best year yet!



Every January there's always a hype for bloggers to detail their plans of what they want to achieve in the year to follow. Although this has been done so many times I think that this year if I am to really stick to anything, jotting down on here would be the best way to set out on that path. So here's my list..


1) Be a lean mean fitness machine

Since starting the new year it's been my goal to avidly read up on health and fitness and get on track to have the body I want by the end of the year, and to hopefully make a real bench mark in six months time when I go on my first girls holiday. 

Although last year I was quite a regular gym goer I don't think I was pushing myself enough, and was so bored of the usual cardio based routine and getting absolutely no-where with it. Since speaking to many PT's over Christmas basically all of they told me to get on a weight circuit routine combined with regular HIIT workouts, and above all eat clean!

I know this is a favourite amongst a lot of New Years posts but I'm making it my goal to change and during the first 3 weeks of doing my routine I'm already seeing a difference so I'm definitely on the road to being a fitness fanatic! 

If you want to see my progress follow my Instagram - @thoughtsofashell

2) Post post post
Throughout parts of 2012 and 2013 I've had some dips in my posting amounts, although I'd like to say I'm quite an active blogger and with my job being in the graphics and marketing industry it makes me even more passionate with these areas of my life, but there have still been times where life has got in the way and I've let this place go for a while. 

My second and third aim for my blog in 2014 was to get this place looking smarter which has now been done (I'd love to know what you think!) and to get to know other bloggers and get networking!

3) Keep contact
Since finally moving to London and having my own place I thought it'd be a doddle to see all my friends as at least 70% of them also live in the capital, seems simple right? Again it's not so easy, but getting wrapped up in your own little bubble is. 

It's so simple to fall out of contact for months with people so in this new year I am going to make as many plans as possible for this not to happen and start building my life away from just myself and my boyfriend.

4) Make the world my oyster.. 
..and when I say oyster, I mean a little further than that tube pass will take me.

Traveling is another favourite amongst bloggers this time of year and is one of mine also, but as I have a full time job and am building a career I've decided I don't really want to drop everything and just leave, so instead to get the best of both worlds I aim to choose a cluster of places each year I want to visit and use my holiday wisely to visit as many as I can, with this year already booked to experience Morroco, Rome and Bulgaria. Sure, I won't get that buzz of trekking around the planet on foot with a giant rucksack on my back, but deep down I've always preferred a hotel to a tent.

5) Drink a normal persons amount of water
Anyone who knows me knows I am not one to drink water.. ever, unless I'm at the gym. But now my fitness is on the up as is my protein in-take I need to get more fluid, plus on top the fact its healthier to drink more than nothing! 

So heres to my little list of 5 with all items well on there way!

Michelle


 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images taken from weheartit.com by Be Retro Photography)


1 comment:

  1. Aww! I love this blog post, I made similar one over at my blog! But your picture is way cuter lol

    SNJ

    www.thecrocusflowers.com

    ReplyDelete