Pages

10.2.14

The Real Arabian Nights - Day #1

As I detailed from my New Years Resolution list for 2014 I intend to visit as many places as possible, starting with the first booked on the list; Marrakech!

After our 4 hour flight to our hotel we were greeted with the famous mint tea and an amazing 3 course dinner including tagine, pastilla and Moroccan pastries so our trip started pleasantly.


With our first full day starting sunny, and with it being good weather but still quite cool I decided to wear my black maxi dress, pink pearl and chain detailed scarf, golf and silver aztec necklace, pink crochet espadrilles, tan satchel and dark green cat eye glasses as I knew the heat wasn't enough for me to regret my dark palette.


We decided to have a look round the 300 year old leather making district in Medina, Marrakech and then head off into the modern area of Marrakech; Gueliz to compare the two. 


Although the leather making area of the city was interesting with a lot of history, these photos cost me and my boyfriend nearly £10 (so I'm making good use of them here!) as we were bombarded by people showing us around saying they weren't guides and then asking for money at the end of our grudgingly taken 'tour'. This is a trick we were warned of before stepping out into Marrakech but it was quite easy to get swept up in the moment, something we were weary of soon after.

In the new part of Marrakech it was alot more westernised with shops and bars, of which I bought a T-shirt in a an oh-so cultural Zara! 



Also in the district we ventured to the 'Rue Yves Saint Laurent' a garden designed by Yves Saint Laurent which was stunning and tranquil, and a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.


After a long trek around walking over 6 miles it was time to hit the pillow.

Stay tuned for more updates on my little adventure!


Michelle

What I wore
Black maxi dress - TU Sainsburys
Pink chain and pearl detail scarf - Topshop
Black, gold and silver necklace - Matalan
Black cardigan - TU Sainsburys
Pink crochet espadrilles - H&M
Tan satchel - Primark
Dark green cat eye sunglasses - Vans off the Wall
  
Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images taken by myself and edited via Instagram and PicFrame)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign