Pages

28.5.14

Garnier Ultimate Blends Collection


Staring at the sheer mass of bottles on offer in the Boots hair isle, biting my lip and scratching my head.. Yep.. It was time to decide my new shampoo for the month. I know it sounds silly but I bet every girl on the planet goes through this issue often with hair products, and with such a vast amount of ranges, brands and hair claims on offer how do you make such a simple decision?

One hair care brand making such claims and joining this cult of hair products is the Garnier Ultimate Blends Collection. Taping in on the classic back to basics of hair care and taking out ads on the cover on Londons top free fashion paper 'Stylist' to give everyone in the capital a good dose of hair jealousy. So I felt it was time to give these claims from this collection a run for their money.

My initial decision for getting the 'Silky Smoother' from the collection was on top of its states revitalising, shiny and enriching properties was the scent, it is ediably good and I would say by far the best in the collection.

The product itself looks-wise is nothing to go weak at the knees for like the 3D gloss with enough glitter that could kill a magpie, but it was consistent, shiny, not too thick, not too runny and the smell.. (again note it is to-die-for!) 

Anyway, what with all the marketing hype you'd expect the product to soak into the hair and be silky smooth and easy to style.. My brain was taken a back when the exact opposite happened (my hair is pretty dry and so it's the perfect candidate to test this type of product). When using the product it was definitely luxurious, frothed quickly, became really thick and it really felt like it was soaking in, but when rinsing out it made my hair feel the uncomfortable side of squeaky clean, so uncomfortable that it hurt to brush my hair out before blow drying. But once blow dried the final result was that my hair looked silky smooth and felt that way too.. The product seems to double back on itself.

I find with most 'silky' 'enriching' 'smoothing' based products that usually you can use the shampoo alone means that you don't need the conditioner all the time, but this is the complete opposite so if you buy this, buy the conditioner. You'll thank me later.

All in all this is a good product and does do what it says on the bottle.. eventually, although a tangle teeze or two may be needed the smell alone with see you buying in bulk.

Michelle
 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images taken by myself and additional design added via Photoshop)

1 comment:

  1. I heard so many great things about this one :) I will have to try it out
    have a lovely evening

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign