Pages

3.5.14

Gold Leopard OOTD





Minimal makeup look



The amazing 'Tiger' store!




Holly Sharpe for M&S and Glitter bath oil!


The Rivington




I'm sure this scarf and shirt have been featured on the blog before.. but its one of my favourites and for some reason recently I have been obsessed by a lot of backwards thinking autumnal palettes, so sorry about the lack of summer brights!

A venture out shopping and then dinner saw me wear this burnt gold shirt that has a super soft sheen to the fabric and cute little mother of pearl buttons, I then finished it off with my trusty red wax jacket, studded slippers, gold and red leopard scarf and my Givenchy glasses.

For this post I wanted to go more into what makeup I wore and also generally more of what I did during the day as I love blogs with lots of pictures and the whole 'diary' based feel to blogging. 
So for this outing I went super minimal on makeup like I usually do during the week using my bloggers favourite 'Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer' to brighten and cover, finished off with my 'Guerlain Paris Les Meteorites Powder' using my beloved Kabuki brush by Models Own to highlight and sparkle. For my eyes; as my eyebrows are very fine and always fall out of place very quickly I use 'Natural Collection Lash Care Mascara' in clear and as my lashes are quite long but blonde on the ends they just usually need colour and sometimes thickness so I use 'Natural Collection Lash Build Mascara' in black. 
I love the Natural Collection products as the price is brilliant for such a large range of basic products and to be honest the quality and brushes for these two products are not as poor as the price would lead you to believe, so I would definitely recommend these if your not looking for an all singing all dancing expensive masacra and just need a quick grab and go product for light makeup use.

Anyway where was I.. Once prim and proper for the occasion we ventured out for shopping where we visited 'Tiger'. I'd never been in the store before but the design of the store and products in the window was really cool and well designed, so we decided to have a look around. The only way I can describe the store if you've never been before is mix a touch of Ikea design, the Muji clean shop layout and cute paperchase products but cheaper moulded into one store and you have Tiger! So if you love any of these stores you'll love this, I particularly was obsessed with the wall of candles and matching napkins!

Later on we ventured to M&S to run a few errands and I ended up perusing around the cutely packaged Holly Sharpe for the limited collection M&S range (especially the blushers and duo polishes) and the bath products and getting sucked in like a magpie to this A-MAZING bath oil with gold glitter which makes me relaxed just looking at it.

The last thing on the menu for the day (pun totally intended) was going to the Rivington for dinner where I enjoyed my first fish and chips in a very long time alongside a cool summer spritzer and some good company.

Michelle

P.s let me know what you think about the more 'traditional' diary based blog, I'd love to know your thoughts!

What I wore
Glasses - Givenchy via Boots Opticians

Red wax jacket - Barbour
White and Gold button earrings - eBay
Burnt gold shirt - Topshop
Orange, gold and red scarf - Tie rack
Studded pumps - Topshop

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images taken by myself and additional design added via Instagram and Photoshop)

2 comments:

  1. Your eyelashes are so long!! I'm so jealous! Your make-up looks lovely! :) That tiger shop has things that I never knew I needed until I went there, it's great haha!
    Rachel | VintageDeer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I love the Tiger store.. I can be in there for hours at a time :-S x

      Delete

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign