Revlon ColorStay ShadownLinks Review I Makeup on a budget






I'm obsessed with Revlon products. They're reliable, high quality and affordable. So I thought what better way to get back into using eyeshadows again than with my most trusted makeup brand.

Having jumped on the white eyeshadow dark red lip bandwagon that was leaping about the catwalk during fashion week for SS14, I wanted to get back to wearing shadow during the day to day and make a bit more than the mascara and light pink lip kind of effort that I'd been doing for a few years now.

I didn't want anything too dark colour wise but I wanted something with sparkle and a tad more colour than just the plain white I already had so I went for 'Petal' in the 'ColourStay ShadowLinks' range. Retailing at £2.99 a link in a tiny thin box with an attachment edge they're the perfect space saver size to fit into your purse and makeup bag, so you don't have to worry about leaving enough space for a huge shadow palette. Plus they're affordable and tailored to your budget as you can buy as many or as little as you wish, and the greatest thing is you can create your own palette of shades instead of having a tray of half unused and half demolished set of colours that's feels like such a waist.

The colour 'Petal' itself is a very light pastel pink almost leaning on the white side and is perfect for highlighting the tear ducts, browbone and outer crease. It also has a hint of sparkle so it's not too overpowering for daytime (although I'm a bit of a magpie so I would've liked a bit more of glitter. But thats more of a subjective comment). 

I also bought the colour 'Gunmetal' for a more evening look (and also so I could test the 'links' effect). This shade does come out quite dark and is perfect for the smoky eye look on the outer crease, but I've found by toning it down with my 'Petal' shade makes the effect even better.

Interms of its 'colour stay' claim in its name, I would say for such a sheer colour from the time apply in the morning to the time I get home at night most of the colour and sparkle has stayed which is good for something so dainty, but I do start to see creasing at the eyelid level. The creasing' not as bad as most other eyeshadows I've had in the past but there's still a little bit that occurs.

Overall I rate this product as for price and definition its certainly worth the money, and is a good spacesaving tool as well as a problem solver with the age old issue of half empty palettes.


I give this product 4 shells out of 5




Michelle



What products I used
ColorStay ShadowLink in 'Petal' - Boots

ColorStay ShadowLink in 'Gunmetal' - Boots

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images taken by myself and additional design added via Photoshop and Afterlight)

0 comments: