Tartan Tea Party OOTD



I love nothing better on a weekend than to hang out with some great people for a catchup, and last weekend took quite a classy outlook with myself and friends celebrating one of my best friends birthdays with a champagne afternoon tea for three at Boyd's Bar and Brasserie just off of London's Trafalgar Square.

Showered with amazing tea's, potted shrimp and crackers and an array of perfect cut rectangular sandwiches, followed by scones with cream and jam, pastries, biscuits, sponge cakes and mini ice cream cones top off with glasses of Verve Clicquot. Although this was meant to be an outing for the birthday girl, by the end I also felt well and truly spoiled!

For this special occasion I decided to dress smart casual with my OOTD wearing one of my new sale finds from Newlook; a faded red tartan body-con with with collar neckline, along with my trusty winter favourite; a wollen white fur gillet that I purchased last year in the H&M sale to bring back a classy edge. Accessories-wise I went all black with hints of silver and gold from my studded buckle boots and Michael Kors Saffiano Leather Tote bag to finish the look.

What did you get up to at the weekend?

Michelle


What I wore
Faded red tartan bodycon - Newlook

White sleeveless wollen fur gillet - H&M
Black studded buckle boots - Office
Saffiano Leather Tote - Michael Kors

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(All Images taken by myself and additional design added via Photoshop and Afterlight)

6 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty and cute! I'd definitely love to take a friend here and catch up over those tasty treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it, it was well worth the money! X

      Delete
  2. I love this look. Your hair is perfect, obviously. But the dress & vest combination is so amazing.:] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thankyou! Love your blog! Want to follow each other? X

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a classy afternoon indeed! I love the look of those little ice cream cones especially haha.

    ReplyDelete