L A C E & F L O R A L S | Review*

Ahh the summer with its mint mojitos, fashion florals, Mr.Whippys, delightful heat and accompanying light breeze (well thats how I see British summer in my head anyway..). Its the time of year where colours and patterns are seen AND heard and where hands as fingers as well as toes are painted and prepped for every occasion, which brings me onto the reason of this post! I thought I'd save this cute little decal treat from the lovely people at the Born Pretty Store for the Summer time as its the perfect little extra to adorn your nail art for those after work June cocktails with the girls, that pretty in pink July wedding attire or last minute August beach weekend. 

Although my nail product collection now has its own vanity desk draw (yes I'm well aware its out of control), believe it or not decals have never graces their presence so this was a new one for me, and although the packet and accompanying imagery seemed to suggest ease with amazing results I was skeptical about this product at first.

After an intial shape, buff, clean and prime, along with a gel base coat and 2 coats of my favourite glitter gel (as shown here in an earlier post) I was ready to start the process.
I used the instructions on the reverse of the packet and selected my print, cut to length and dipped in water for the aquired time (by this point I was nervous and had my tweezers ready to use to apply the seemingly delocate decal).
I removed the decal with my tweezers and place on the nail and held for a few seconds. I soon realised after a delocate application I actually needed to remove it and reshape to my nail for it to fit (gulp), and although I had tweezers handy I soon began to realise the decals were really durable and held there own, at one point it actually folded on itself and I managed to unfold it with ease!
Once I had trimmed and placed the decal in the desired area and let the nail dry from the water a little I then coated the nail and edge generously with clear gel and UV set as per normal.

Overall I can see this really simple nail detail working really well for all those Summer manis you have planned. Don't be afraid of that delocate outter appearance, these are really durable easy to use, look professional once finished and are only 95p a pack! But remember to apply your top coat well as the design may come away faster without it.

I give this product 5 shells out of 5!


Oh and remember theres 10% for all Thoughts of a Shell readers with the code TOASK31


Michelle


T h e  P r o d u c t s


Glitter Gel - 'Gone Fisson' by Sensationail at Boots
Lace and Floral Decal* - #XF1344 from Born Pretty Store

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(Disclaimer - All Images taken by myself and additional design added via Photoshop and Afterlight. Any post/item stared with an asterisk (*) has either been gifted to me, or is an event/collaboration that has arisen in consideration for a blog review/post. For my full disclaimer please contact me by email.)

0 comments: