LFW - My say | Style & Inspiration

Ahh fashion week. The 'glitz' - The 'glamour' - and The latest in this seasons trends. Or for me it was more The panic - The rush - and The dissemination through this seasons trends and the pieces in collections I'd actually want to wear.

My idea of fashion is not the same as others. The last 7 or so years I've never really swayed in what I wear, if it doesn't suit me it doesn't make it to my wardrobe.. Well.. bar a few naive test runs just to make sure I haven't been missing out on those dropped waists or super short shorts, And trust me when I say every time I've found.. I'm really not missing out.


Anyway that's a blog post for another day I think, because today I really wanted to talk about what this A/W will bring for us all. After being invited to Scoop International Fashion Show by Paris knitwear brand Romy and Ray last weekend, I got a glimpse of what the international designers have to offer this season.

I'm sure there have been ten a penny blog posts, magazine reviews, celebrity pictures, street styles and exclusive columns around to show what you 'should' be wearing this A/W, but as like my earlier paragraph suggests I'm not really into being told how to dress and perhaps people would say I'm 'so 2014'. So with this in mind I'll show you some of the chic things I'd wear and what I've got my eye on for the colder months.

Romy and Ray to start us off have really owned the neutrals this year, and if you think neutrals can't pack a punch this brand will change your mind. There was a heavy element of stripe and sheer in their work, which is obviously very Parisian and super versatile. I like the small pieces of colour throughout their collection including this blue metallic fringe jumper dress with chevron detail and v-neck, that gives a nod to that much loved Kate Moss Primark number everyone went crazy for a few years back. For me - I'd be grabbing one of those sheer striped tops and pairing it with ripped jean or jean skirt, leather jacket and mounds of gold jewellery.



Also at the show were the super simplistic jewellery brand By Boe represented at the show by Very New agency. Again I loved the versatility of this brand as I think layering and playing with shapes and texture is key to an original look. This brand focuses on small gold plated silver items made of geo and fine lines which mainly play with textures and shapes with small hints of colour. There's a huge emphasis on layering fine jewellery in the fashion world right now, so if you want to be really on-trend this is definitely a brand to leap on board with as there's seems to be something for every taste. The square and hexagon shaped rings are the pieces I've got my eye on.

A designer you must look into if you want to own this seasons coloured fur trend is The Soho Furrier. Although pretty small these little Pom Pom balls scream endless happiness with being too OTT. I can definitely see myself slinging on the aqua blue one of these with a all black jumpsuit and mary janes (albeit the jumpsuit would have to have some pockets to use as this bag really holds nothing at all!)
Binetti & Love Binetti took to the show experimenting with and huge variety of prints, textures, shapes and colour's, and sometimes all at once. Although for some this may be a bit too much, I thought for me the collection was super wearable as a daily collection as it was an evening one, and I could see most of their pieces sitting comfortably with my whole wardrobe. I particularly had to snap this metallic almost flaked textured blue jacket. I'm really one for a structured masculine style jackets and skinny trousers, and this ones sure to get you noticed, and obviously keep you on trend.
Xenia Design jumped on the never ending style that is monochrome. One of the pieces that caught my eye which although very out there but seems to have been hailed in every collection at the show somewhere along the line, were the laser cut jackets and tops you can see poking out in the photo almost looking like a take on 3D polka dot. Later cut or embossed styles I would like to say will creep somewhere into my wardrobe at some point this season, most probably over something structured and white.
Lastly during the show I spoke to a lovely representative from the Avery Perfume Gallery who were working with the latest in perfumes. Once I'd been walked through the scents and explained about each of the different motivations, I'd never know myself to get so excited and engrossed by scents! Key whiffs to look out for that I'll be rocking during AW will be the more chocolate, woody and rose notes.





So all in all although this season I won't be rocking any hideous 70s crochet (although I can appreciate the time and effort to make those kinds of pieces), nor will I be striding the street in a pair of thick and clunky 90s platform brogue-meet-boot back to school style shoes (you know what ones I mean 90s girls!) -BARF- But I will be draped in the kinds of items mentioned above and styling the rest to what suits me - obviously!

Michelle


What I wore

Fedora hat - Forever 21
Grey longline sheer t-shirt - H&M
White pleather jacket - Miss Selfridge
Metallic skull scarf - Zara
Metallic Backpack - Boden
Textured highwaisted treggings - Forever 21
 Patent leather boots - Dr.Marten   

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(Disclaimer - All Images have been taken by myself and additional design is added via Photoshop/Afterlight/iMovie. Any post/item stared with an asterisk (*) has either been gifted to me, or is an event/collaboration that has arisen in consideration for a blog review/post. Most importantly, all opinions made on this blog are my own and not that of any brand or company I have connections with. For my full disclaimer please contact me by email.)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable, love the hat. That blue jacket looks cool too.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The jacket was so nice and such good quality!

      Delete