But is it the most wonderful time of the year? | Life






Ahh Christmas. A time where over indulgence, mass expenditure, frightening January credit card bills, stupidly drunk strangers and crazy amounts of television fill most lives across the globe... oh and just a little festive cheer.

Now don't get me wrong I love all the little chintzy aspects of Christmas - tinsel, glitter, cocktails and catch-ups with friends, dressing up, giving presents and a little bit of Christmas music does me no harm, but I personally find it very hard to comprehend families who devote their entire existence in December to this one day of every year, becoming financially harmed, over weight and sometimes disappointed in the process.

"Hey but actually isn't it just, like, exactly the same as every other day? Just with more food?


Christmas should be a time for the simple things - giving, happiness and above all reduced stress. Not greed, stress, and a HUGE emphasis on getting everything right. Because lets face it we have another 334 (and sometimes a 335) days to get stressed and wound up, so why devote a whole month to that?

As much as not everyone on the planet turns into an annoying drunken swollen santa look-a-like on a sugar come down demanding another mince pie, I do think alot of people try to compete with one another in many aspects of this much loved holiday, in trying to create the-best-Christmas-ever-known-to-mankind-ever-ever-oh-look-how-wonderful-I-am, forgetting about all their life and goals pre-December in wild abandon boo-hooing anyone who may think - "hey but actually isn't it just, like, exactly the same as every other day? Just with more food?"

As much as people have been known to tongue-in-cheek call me The Grinch (usually post taking the mick out of Christmas songs after hearing WAY too many of them), but every year I've got older I've found myself caring a little less about Christmas with each year becoming much happier, healthier and financially stable as my expectations lessen. I always focus less about the idea of creating the mass assumed idea of 'the perfect Christmas', and think of it as just any other day but one where I appreciate those dearest to me for the short period I am away from work, giving them something to brighten their day.

So apologies to all you crazy Christmas people out there, but please this Christmas just remember - think about the smaller things, don't over indulge, don't hate yourself if those pigs in blankets are that little too overdone and that maybe, just maybe some people just aren't totally as Christmas crazy as you, and that's ok too.
 
Michelle


What I wore

Fur lined hooded poncho - Want that trend
Charm Bracelet - Thomas Sabo
Watch - Unknown 


 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(Disclaimer - All Images have been taken by myself and additional design is added via Photoshop/Afterlight/iMovie. Any post/item stared with an asterisk (*) has either been gifted to me, or is an event/collaboration that has arisen in consideration for a blog review/post. Most importantly, all opinions made on this blog are my own and not that of any brand or company I have connections with. For my full disclaimer please contact me by email.)

0 comments: