When life gives you lemons | Life & Style


As 2015 becomes a long distance memory and we start a fresh in 2016 I think over the last year with happiness, satisfaction and mounds of aspiration for things to come. Last year has probably been one of my best years yet and I am truly sad to see it leave. Over the last 365 days I've made great new friends, kept hold some special old ones that have made my life so happy and wholesome (some of them for over 20 years.. You know who you are), made some big life decisions, smashed some personal goals and been challenged both mentally and physically which has included seeing me go from basically a casual gym goer to a health and fitness obsessive.

For this New Years post (complete with my gold and black New Year attire!) I'm not really going to dwell on things I haven't done right, I am more going to talk about the things I am looking forward to continue with that have had a huge impact on me during 2015.

So.. Who's gym?
As I mentioned in my introduction I've been very much a gym bunny this year. I got the gym bug in December 2014 and overtime learnt more and more about my body and fitness goals, entered my first 10K and now moved my focus onto clean eating, HIIT and weight lifting. I'm very proud of what I've achieved body wise so far and how much I've learnt about the anatomy and nutrition, although I have a way to go until I reach a place where I'm content, I plan to continue pushing my goals harder as time goes by. The biggest thing I've realised is when it comes to fitness there are a lot of opinions, some helpful and some totally uneducated, so my advice to you is if you're looking to make personal fitness goals and someone warns you against them, get professional advice first and if it's not hurting you and it's right for your goals then don't let anyone hold you back, it's your life so live it!

Lifting the blog fog
Although it's only a small piece of the online world that I own, over the past year (especially the last few months), it's direction I feel has really come on leaps and bounds. Once I realised earlier last year that I'd become stuck in a rut and felt like there was more that I could talk about I took a leap of faith and started to voice some opinions about topics I've never discussed online before. It took some guts to post some of them but I did it and now I wouldn't see my blog any other way. I've also introduced some more art based post from my work with Vulture Hound Magazine and writing luxe tech reviews recently has also been great fun. I feel my blog shows a real variety of lifestyle based posts creating a catalogue of all my favourite things so I definitely plan to keep it up.

The only way is up
Positivity is something I will definitely continue during this year. I'm quite a positive upbeat person and tend to not let things stress me out most of the time, holding very much a can-do attitude and problem solving being at the top of my list instead of a freak out. Although everyone has there ups and downs for the most part this year I've been very happy and positive with all areas of my life, (catching myself smiling on the tube recently thinking about life events has been the thing that's made this part of my list dawn on me). I definitely think that with positive vibes comes replication of positivity that surrounds you, so during 2016 I plan to keep hold of this attitude as much as I can whatever life throws at me.
 
Michelle


My NYE style

Black kimono style dress - Motel
Gold chocker chain necklace - Miss Selfridge
Gold glitter socks - Topshop
Black chunky cut-out heel - Monki
Fedora hat - Forever 21
Patent clutch - Moschino
Lip - Lord and Berry Lipstick crayon - shade "Intimacy"    

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(Disclaimer - All Images have been taken by myself and additional design is added via Photoshop/Afterlight/iMovie. Any post/item stared with an asterisk (*) has either been gifted to me, or is an event/collaboration that has arisen in consideration for a blog review/post. Most importantly, all opinions made on this blog are my own and not that of any brand or company I have connections with. For my full disclaimer please contact me by email.)

0 comments: