Pages

21.8.16

Challenge accepted - The mantlepiece | Life & Fitness



As many of you already know, supported, advertised or donated to I've been mega off the blogging the last few months for many reasons, and this ones not been the least bit easy.

I've always been one of those people that as soon as I get an idea in my head or get totally obsessed with something I have to follow it through, and when it comes to fitness challenges this year it's been a none stop hit list, and one of the many reasons the blog has fallen off the face of the cliff.. Whilst I've pondered how to climb it..


Over the last 4/5 months I've been going from challenge to challenge pushing myself each time and every time, and although the 5:20am starts and 4hr weekend cooking procedures and 9pm to bed finishes has not been easy the results are starting to show.
My first challenge has seen me complete the 90 Day SSS challenge famed by The Body Coach aka fitness guru Joe Wicks (and if you don't know who he is.. where have you been!?), whilst during this time also completing a big house move so its been pretty full on. I won't say much about my experience as I'll be producing a video detailing my full opinion on the plan, but what I will say it's been super tough but with a huge re-education.





My second challenge was my completely the British 10K for the second time only 1 month after my body coach plan ended. The training was tough as the change of routine and endurance aspect was vastly different, but I smashed my first 10K time from my race 2 years ago by 14 minutes and technically (due to the track actually being over 10K) only missed my desired time by 1 minute which I was still very very happy with.


The third challenge my body will endure this year is the 24hr Three Peaks challenge, and of all the things I have done this year this is the real nerve wracking, intense practice walking, adrenaline pumping kinda showstopper. The challenge will see my work team of 6 climb the three highest mountains in the UK from the eve of the 16th of September throughout the night into the 17th of September. 

My training has seen me in the gym at 6am 4 days a week and 1 day climbing outdoors, climb 250 stair cases each gym session alongside several grueling leg work outs, plus climb the tallest point in the southeast and the Yr Elen mountain which is over three quarters of the high of Snowdon. On top of this my team is raising over £10,000 for Save the Children and The WHSmith Trust, all for great causes but still a very daunting figure (you can read more about my team here).



  
I've always thought that having a tenacious, persistent and pretty much obsessive attitude with my goals has been one of my best traits, and I would definitely say it's been one of the keys to where I am today. So with fitness firmly in my mindset, and a trail of rock tape, deep heat and protein bars beside me, I'm sure that one day I can turn back to look at what I've done in 2016 on my mantelpiece of achievements.

Roll on September 16th!

Michelle


 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(Disclaimer - All Images have been taken by myself and additional design is added via Photoshop/Afterlight/iMovie. Any post/item stared with an asterisk (*) has either been gifted to me, or is an event/collaboration that has arisen in consideration for a blog review/post. Most importantly, all opinions made on this blog are my own and not that of any brand or company I have connections with. For my full disclaimer please contact me by email.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign