Pages

19.9.16

Summer lovin' happened so fast | Life and Style


As the nights roll in earlier, days are shorter and summer draws to a close (yes I know it's early to be saying that considering all the crazy hot weather but you can't say you haven't noticed!) I thought I'd bring a together a few blogs of my trip to the US and my favourite summer outfits to brighten the mood a little before Autumn fully sets in.

The first day of any holiday is full of all the excitement but not normally all of the attractions, especially if you've just stepped off a bergillian-hour flight. So our first day in the US was mainly a setting up and chill day. We hung out by the pool for the most part, traveled out for some cocktails at the beach and also collected our much loved US car - a Mustang. Although a typically normal car in the US, obviously for us Brits it's such a novelty so we like to get one when we visit. Plus it has handy giant cup holders to fit your favourite casual 1.5ltr ice latte in (naturally).

For the days outfit I wore a 'Malibu' stamped one piece from Topshop in a dark mark grey (we'll ignore the obvious incorrect location reference) with a ripped denim skirt at the beginning of the day which I switched to dark grey denim shorts for our beach trip and rose gold Birkenstocks. I accessorized with a belated present gifted to me whilst on holiday - a beautiful rose gold Mi Moneda necklace complete with 2 interchangeable discs one with crystal and one with mother of pearl. I absolutely love this necklace and its now a firm staple in my jewellery collection.
In the evening we visited our favourite crab shack where we filled up on everything seafood including the best crab nachos I've ever had and took a stroll in the harbor for 'dessert', or as I like to call it 'diet damage control'.

Although we didn't have a huge load on we definitely all needed some RnR so whilst pulling together our itinerary we took advantage of some serious chill time.


BRB with some more US travels!

Michelle


What I wore

Marl grey Malibu body - Topshop
Ripped black jean skirt - Liquor N Poker
High-waisted grey jean shorts - Newlook
Rose gold sandals - Birkenstock
Rose gold necklace with crystal disc - Mi Moneda

 Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter!

(Disclaimer - All Images have been taken by myself and additional design is added via Photoshop/Afterlight/iMovie. Any post/item stared with an asterisk (*) has either been gifted to me, or is an event/collaboration that has arisen in consideration for a blog review/post. Most importantly, all opinions made on this blog are my own and not that of any brand or company I have connections with. For my full disclaimer please contact me by email.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Thoughts of a Shell. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign